Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hallo von Köln!

Today was a long day of travel...lots of time spent on the train.  But I'm finally here =)  Unlike in Holzkirchen, I don't get free internet...I paid 2,00 Euro for one hour, so I probably won´t be on much.

Das Wetter hier ist sehr schön.  In Holzkirchen it was rainy and cloudy, and here it is hot and humid..big change.  Though despite the sweatiness, it is nice. 

The next few days are full of museums, touring around Köln, and a wine tasting, I believe.  Should be a fun time.

Dinner was good; the place we went had 1 meter long bratwurst (for 4 people). tasty. Had that, Bratkartoffeln with some kind of cabbage (cabbage was surprisingly good) and Kölsch--Köln´s brew of beer.  Then we walked around the city for a bit, saw the cathedral and the bridge; they were pretty, then we just ambled around, though most everything was closed by then.

The Köln S-Bahn is most like the El so far, but its still much cleaner. Everything is so much cleaner.  None of the train stations are dirty or smell like piss or have bums living in them. Its crazy.

Well I gotta sign off now, I´ll update later...maybe when  its less expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment