Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Animal Lessons

29/30.6.10

Not much been happening the past 2 days.  Just some homework and chillin'.  I really like my lit class, and the film class is pretty cool so far too.  I cannot stand this grammar class though, banging my head against a wall would be more productive.  Therefore, I am switching to the history class, even though it seems like it's gonna be a lot of work.  At least I'll learn something new that I didn't learn freshman year of high school.  Today after school we played some Fußball in a park, and right when we started leaving, we saw 1 bolt of lightning and heard 1 clap of thunder, and it immediately started downpouring.  We met back up at the ice cream shop to do some homework, and of course, a bit after we get there, it stops.  Irony at its finest.  Speaking of ice cream, throughout the entire time I've been learning German, I've always wondered what Spaghetti-Eis is.  It's always in the books for some reason.  I saw it today, and it looks exactly like a plate of spaghetti.  It looks fantabulously delicious.  So I've decided that before I leave the country, I am having at least one.  A bit later, we left the shop, and I went home to do some homework.  The girls came in my room though and had drawn me pictures, so I drew them some pictures, and then they wanted me to keep drawing more and more.  lol.  Luckily, before I became their drawing slave, Skye called and a bunch of us went to Divesh's to hang out.  On my way back, as I rode the bike into the yard, I saw a small animal running from the light.  Totally freaked me out.  So when I got inside I asked my host dad what it could've been, and so I got a bit of a vocab lesson trying to figure it out.  We're thinking it was a hedgehog, which I had never actually seen until a week ago, but that one was dead, so this was technically the first live one I've seen (wild, anyway).  Apparently there are also marmots, and they live on the roof and have babies up there so you can hear the scritchy scratchy feet.  And in the alps there are groundhogs.  So many different yard pests!  Also, I find this translation funny:  Raccoon=Wäschbär (literally, wash bear).  Anyway, time to finish up some homework.  Tomorrow after school we are going to the Hofbräuhaus.  Should be quite fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Hedgehog are cute please don't run them over. Sorry you never met my Spike, but I'm sure that you were sent the Holiday card way back when he was alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt run any over, I just saw a dead one. And I vaguely remember such a card...

    ReplyDelete